Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Kettle Counting

Philanthropy Day #1 for the employees of Campus Rec. Six of us traveled to the Salvation Army to count the money that was collected in the red kettles yesterday. Well, we didn't really have to count, we just sorted bills and made sure there weren't any silly coins, which we did come across. There were a few tokens here and there, one from Champions, one from Chuck-E-Cheese. Theresa, the coordinator, said they get those things form time-to-time. She showed us a little bowl full of things they've received from people. There was a $10,000 bill with a cartoon character on the front. She said they got a dollar the other day with a picture of Santa in the middle. I mean, come on people. We're trying to do something good here, and you're being a smart ass. But, on the other hand, some people do some really nice things for the Salvation Army. For example, one of the kettles Meghan counted had a $300.00 check in it. One of the other counters said someone threw in 10 $100 bills the other day. It just amazes me how generous people can be. Some people have the biggest hearts. But, according to the newspapers, the kettles aren't bringing in the dough like they did last season. SO, next time you pass a kettle, throw a little something in there! You'd be surprised how the dollars add up!

I'll finish training my new ID checker this afternoon, then tonight is the last night of bowling until mid-January. Since it's the last night for awhile, we always have a pizza party, which is awesome and much appreciated.

Philanthropy #2 is tomorrow at the Malone Center wrapping gifts. I'm super excited for that, because I LOVE wrapping presents. Then, Isaac has his little Christmas program tomorrow evening, so I think Becky and I are going to that. Then, if we have time, we're going to see the movie Burlesque. THEN, I need to start making another batch of my sugar cookies for the Sup Christmas on Saturday. I feel sort of baked out, so I'm not looking forward to making another batch, but I'll do it for my family. I know they'd be disappointed if I didn't deliver.

Until next time,
supinlincoln

2 comments:

bonnie said...

you've been blogging so much, I almost can't keep up!!! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!

Sup said...

I am looking forward to those cookies...so get to baking!

CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!!!!!