Thursday, December 23, 2010

At Campus Rec, Wii don't mess around

Or do Wii? Of course we do! The day before the big 3-day shutdown is always full of fun. We get out the Wii and play games like any other organization would. Okay, so we're cool like that and get to have fun, don't be jealous! =) There's hardly any staff working today.....I've seen 3 people check in to the Rec in the last 45 minutes, the phone has rang once, I can see one person on a treadmill (and even that surprises me) and my students are either playing online games or on facebook. Pretty normal for this time of year. But kudos to the people who want to get in one last workout before the holidays, you're doing more than I'm going to do!

So, I'm gearing up to dig out the Wii and get everything set up around 10am. The past few years we've played Disney Trivia. It's a riot. Then we have the classic Wii Sports and Wii Party. It's a fun time. Then I'm leaving at noon to get my bags packed and head to the thriving metropolis of Albion. I'll be there for the next 5 or 6 days. I can't wait! A nice long break from Lincoln. Don't get me wrong, I love Lincoln, but we all know it's nice to get away for a while.

I started packing the fun stuff last night, or the "funtivities." The bag consists of several movies, books on my read-list, and Wii games, of course. My brother apparently got a new game and he told me to bring home my remotes. Becky and I had a "no tv night" last night, so I started reading The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks (thank you Cassie for lending me the book). So far, so good. But, all I can think about when I read is the fact that Miley Cyrus was cast to play Ronnie......and I can't stand her. But other than that, I'm 75 pages deep and excited to finish it in the next few days. That's what happens when I start reading. I can't stop until I know what happens.

Christmas is 2 days away!! YAY!

Until next time,
supinlincoln

No comments: