Wednesday, December 8, 2010

You know what you have to do, you just haven't done it.

What a busy 4 days I've had, and it's not stopping any time soon. This is good news, because the faster the days go, the sooner it will be Christmas.

Cassie made it to Lincoln on Saturday morning. We wasted no time and went directly to Paint Yourself Silly. It was a ton of fun, I love that place. I decorated a divided bowl so if I ever want to make some dip or something, I'll be set. Ha ha. Becky painted a bowl to "put M&M's in" and Cass made a coffee cup. A good time was had by all. After lunch at Qdoba, coffee at Starbucks, a stop at Bradea to get Miller & Paine cinnamon rolls, and a trip to HyVee, we went back to the apartment and make chili and almond barked some pretzels. We then picked up a movie to watch Eat, Pray, Love. Not Julia's best work....but it passed the time until the chili was ready. The Husker game was on at 7, so we enjoyed chili and cinnamon rolls as well as the game. Until half time......then........well, this is a happy place, so I won't be talking about the game.

Cassie left on Sunday after we had lunch with Jared at Red Robin. Then, I packed my bag and headed to Omaha. Wasn't feeling too hot...had a headache and just in a cloudy mood, you know how it is sometimes (well, you understand if you're a woman......). Anyway, went out to eat with the fam at Applebees and then went back to Teresa's and watched the Steelers game. They actually pulled it out, so at least one of my teams won...besides the fact that Big Ben got his nose broken AND was hurt, but played like a champ anyway. He's so awesome.

Monday was THE shopping day. We hit up Village Point and Westroads in Omaha and got A LOT of shopping done. The amounts are appearing on my credit card, and it makes me cringe to see that amount go up and up and up. Ouch. But, it will be worth it, I love giving gifts and making people happy, especially when it's my favorite people in the world! I headed back to Lincoln around 5:30pm and as soon as I got home I wrapped all of the gifts, the best part! I love gift wrapping! Then, it was time for bed. I was beat.

Tuesday it was back to the grind. I got caught up with everything in the morning, and then we had staff retreat in the afternoon. B-o-r-i-n-g. After retreat (I don't know why they call it that, it's not a retreat at all......we didn't even leave the Rec) Tony and I dug out the Christmas decor. I put up the tree, strung the lights, and it looks fab. Two people have told me how cool it looks, and there isn't even a topper or ornaments on it yet! After work, I had a lia sophia meeting. We got pizza, pop, and chips, which was nice. I was hungry. I also won $100 for playing Baby Bingo. My manager gave us this little game to play while she was on maternity leave, and if you got a bingo, she gave you $100 cash. So, I'm now up $100. Which I'm really not, because I have some debt to pay off. Not to mention my dad told me I needed new tires. DAMN. It's funny to think about how much money you spend every day. Even when you don't do anything or buy anything, you're still spending money. It's re-dick.

Today I met Jen at ECAB to lift. However, I forgot my shoes at home, so I had to turn around and go back to get them. THEN, I had to wait for a train. I didn't want to wait, and I honestly thought I was going to run out of gas. Since there was a gas station right across the street, I turned around and got gas. On my way to ECAB, I had to wait for yet another train. Just wasn't my morning. But, I did finally make it. After a good conversation with Sherri (too much talking, not enough lifting) she fed me a quote, which is the subject of my blog today. And, I'll talk about it another day. The blog is long enough already.

I'm looking forward to this afternoon. After I shower and eat lunch, we have a BOP (Business Operations) meeting. Then I'm heading out at 5pm to go to Kirsten's place for a massage (YAY) and enchiladas (YAY YAY). Haven't hung out with her in a loooong time, so it will be nice to catch up!

Hope you've all at least started your Christmas shopping.....I'm almost done! Happy Hump Day!

Until next time,
supinlincoln

No comments: