I've had a pretty awesome week. I got my midterms all back, finally. Two good ones, one bad one. However we convinced our teacher that we should retake our bad exam because the questions were vague and had nothing to do with what we had been learning about. So, I have to retake the multiple choice portion on Monday. No biggie. I hope I'll do a little better! I got an A on my essay exam in my Comm class. I couldn't believe it. I think that's like the 2nd A I've earned on an exam. I was thrilled. Then, I got an A- on my 10 page paper. Graduation keeps getting closer and I am beginning to see the finish line. Yay!
Last night Amy and Brent came over for our traditional watching of Grey's and The Office. Amy had missed the past two weeks of Grey's so she came over at 6 and tried to catch up before 8. (I know that any TRUE Grey's fan would never get so far behind...haha.) Anyway, both episodes were great. I just love the Office. I don't know why anyone wouldn't watch that show. It's so funny! I was baking Halloween cookies during commercials so one batch is a little over-cooked but I'm sure they're still edible. I put on orange and purple-ish black-ish frosting. The orange looks mango and the purple looks gray.....oh well, I tried.
I decided that since I had the afternoon off yesterday I would go give blood. It's just something I enjoy doing. It's an extremely easy way to give back to the community with doing so little. It
literally takes me less than 30 minutes to do everything. I strongly encourage people to give blood. People come up with excuses all the time why they can't donate, but what it really comes down to is will power. Sure, I know there are actual physical reasons people can't donate, but those of you who are able should do it! You can save up to 3 lives each time you donate. I donated 6 times (which is the max) last year and only 4 times this year. I know, I was slacking. At most places you don't even have to make an appointment. You just go in, read the education materials, check some consent forms, get your iron, temperature, pulse, and blood pressure tested and then you're good to go! I went at 12:30 yesterday which is one of the busiest times because many people try to donate. I ate a roast beef sandwich, two chocolate chip cookies, and a pile of goldfish crackers, as well as a Coca Cola and a bottle of water. So yummy. Really, I think it's just taking the initiative to do your civic duty. So to all the people who are telling everyone to go vote, I challenge you to get out there and donate! I am driving home 2 hours to cast my ballot next Tuesday so you should spend 30 minutes saving 3 lives!! Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now.
literally takes me less than 30 minutes to do everything. I strongly encourage people to give blood. People come up with excuses all the time why they can't donate, but what it really comes down to is will power. Sure, I know there are actual physical reasons people can't donate, but those of you who are able should do it! You can save up to 3 lives each time you donate. I donated 6 times (which is the max) last year and only 4 times this year. I know, I was slacking. At most places you don't even have to make an appointment. You just go in, read the education materials, check some consent forms, get your iron, temperature, pulse, and blood pressure tested and then you're good to go! I went at 12:30 yesterday which is one of the busiest times because many people try to donate. I ate a roast beef sandwich, two chocolate chip cookies, and a pile of goldfish crackers, as well as a Coca Cola and a bottle of water. So yummy. Really, I think it's just taking the initiative to do your civic duty. So to all the people who are telling everyone to go vote, I challenge you to get out there and donate! I am driving home 2 hours to cast my ballot next Tuesday so you should spend 30 minutes saving 3 lives!! Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now.HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!
Instead of a quote today, I'm leaving a youtube clip that is extremely funny and full of Halloween spirit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgZeBHg3eqI
Until next time,
supinlincoln
No comments:
Post a Comment