On Friday Jared and I drove to Omaha to meet Cassie and Derek. We had every intention of going to a haunted house, but on the way up Jared and I decided we didn't want to do that. So we broke the news to Cassie and Derek who were fine with it. We ate an expensive supper at Kona Grill. It was probably one of the best steaks I've ever had. We had calamari and it was to die for. Jared had a lemon-crusted halibut which was also devine. We all had to sample each other's food because we don't fine dine a lot (how can you on a college budget?). So, it was really really fun eating at a high-scale restaurant where you can't order a cheeseburger.
After the delicious meal (and a $40 pair of shoes from DSW) we went to Cassie's.
She's staying in a really nice house and there's a gas fire pit. We decided that instead of spending additional money elsewhere that we would just make s'mores! It was so fun just sitting around the fire reminiscing about the good ole' days when we were in high school.
She's staying in a really nice house and there's a gas fire pit. We decided that instead of spending additional money elsewhere that we would just make s'mores! It was so fun just sitting around the fire reminiscing about the good ole' days when we were in high school. Saturday was extremely fun. The day began with a trip to Westroads. I wanted to find some dressier clothes but I had no luck. So Cassie and I decided to buy candles instead. I just love Yankee candles so we were in there for about 30 minutes trying to decide what to buy. Then it was time to go home and prepare lunch. Cass made Caesar burgers and they were to die for. We also had pizza dip, bean dip, salads, chips, and cookies. Ashley and Er
ic joined us for lunch and the game. Everything was just wonderful! We watched the Husker game (by the way, my score prediction was the closest at work so I won the prize this week!) and we were going crazy, but unfortunately Ganz threw an interception in overtime. Bummer. However we didn't let that spoil our fun. Then Becky came to Omaha and we played some ping pong while the others were watching Iron Man. I wasn't in the movie mood. Me and Bex had a blast and then we had to get ready for the Jim Gaffigan show.
ic joined us for lunch and the game. Everything was just wonderful! We watched the Husker game (by the way, my score prediction was the closest at work so I won the prize this week!) and we were going crazy, but unfortunately Ganz threw an interception in overtime. Bummer. However we didn't let that spoil our fun. Then Becky came to Omaha and we played some ping pong while the others were watching Iron Man. I wasn't in the movie mood. Me and Bex had a blast and then we had to get ready for the Jim Gaffigan show. Jim was everything I hoped he would be. I was laughing so hard that I was crying. My eyes hurt so bad after the show because I was constantly wiping tears away. I don't remember that last time I have laughed that hard. It still makes me laugh just thinking about it. I think everyone had a great time so I'm glad we got to do that together.
This weekend I'm heading home. It is Fall Break and I'm just going to relax. I don't have to work on Monday at all, however I do have to go to the dentist (which is part of the reason why I'm going home). But I'm looking forward to not studying and not doing any homework for 4 days.
"If you wait till the last minute to do something, it only takes a minute to do." --Anonymous
Until next time,
supinlincoln
No comments:
Post a Comment