Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Goodwill truck is comin' to town!

So, I didn't really have plans for this weekend until I talked to my mom last night. I have not lived at home since 2004. Before I left for college, I tried to go through my room as best I could. However, now that this is the 4th year I've not been home, mom is getting tired of all my crap I left in my room. So, this weekend, we're going through everything and taking it to the Goodwill truck. Woo! The question is.....what the heck do I do with all of my memories? I sure as heck don't have room for them in Lincoln. So, I suppose I'll just put them in a box and decide their destination at a later date. I do have an ungodly amount of picture frames.....maybe I could discard a few of them. It may be a sad experience getting rid of everything at home, but I think mom is ready to have that room rid of my crap. I think mom has a 2 box rule or something. Joel still has stuff in the basement in boxes (go fig), but Teresa's stuff is g-o-n-e. Jesse can take credit for that. So that's what I'll be doing this weekend. Fun, huh?

"You will look back on the times you laughed and you will cry. You will look back on the times you cried, and you will laugh. You will always remember close friends, and you will always keep memories of them in your heart." --Anonymous

Until next time,

supinlincoln

2 comments:

Sup said...

I am still working on that...I've been out for 10 years and I have my own house now. Oops!

bonnie said...

Hooray for cleaning out! I need to do the same at my parents - still. Maybe I will follow your example and go do it soon.