Boy, did I celebrate America's birthday hard core. It was quite a party. Amber decided it'd be fun to get a keg for the 4th. I thought it sounded like a good idea too.....at the time. So Nelson and Jem went to get the keg around noon. We had that baby tapped by 1pm and started the day early. Now, you have to understand how much I love keg beer. It's so much better than cans and bottles. Once I start, I can't stop. Needless to say, the games of Polish horseshoes and Washers got pretty sloppy. All in all, it was an extremely fun night. However, at 2:30 a.m. I was regretting my decisions. You can use your imagination. Becky went with her friend Becky B. to Omaha to watch the fireworks at Rosenblatt for the 4th. The next day, Becky B. was in a wedding so Bex called me and told me to come to Omaha. So, since I had nothing going on, I went! I met up with her and we went to get an appetizer and drink at Cheeseburger in Paradise. I love that place. So good. Anyway.....we then headed to my sister's to chill for a little while and rest. Then we ate at Timer Lodge Steakhouse on 144th and W. Maple. It was just okay.
After supper we headed to Elkhorn to see Ashley and Eric. I hadn't seen their new place yet so I wanted to do that AND she has her wedding pictures back! It was fun looking at those and reliving the day they got married. What a fun time! But, me and Bex decided it was time to head back to Lincoln.
Sunday, we went to church, which was WAY past due. I haven't been to churc
h for a while. God works in mysterious ways because the message that Andy gave was just what I needed to hear. He was preaching from Deuteronomy where Jesus was laying down the law about how important marriage and sex before marriage are to Him (in a nutshell). I've always felt that it was "wrong" to have sex before you got married. I was raised with the belief that you should "save yourself" for you significant other. Many lifestyles I've been exposed to at college are totally different than what I was taught. So, I've been living the lifestyle of an abstinent woman. I don't look down on those who have different ways of living than I do, and I certainly don't think I'm better because of the decisions I've made in my life. But, what I've been exposed to has made me question myself from time-to-time.
h for a while. God works in mysterious ways because the message that Andy gave was just what I needed to hear. He was preaching from Deuteronomy where Jesus was laying down the law about how important marriage and sex before marriage are to Him (in a nutshell). I've always felt that it was "wrong" to have sex before you got married. I was raised with the belief that you should "save yourself" for you significant other. Many lifestyles I've been exposed to at college are totally different than what I was taught. So, I've been living the lifestyle of an abstinent woman. I don't look down on those who have different ways of living than I do, and I certainly don't think I'm better because of the decisions I've made in my life. But, what I've been exposed to has made me question myself from time-to-time. Anyway, to make a long story short the sermon made me realize that the choices I've made in my relationships were made for a reason. Also, the sermon made me realize that it's okay to be who I am and stick to my beliefs on sex before marriage because God values the commitment or marriage so much. Now, I'm no longer questioning my morals/beliefs/actions (call them what you want) and I feel renewed in the eyes of God. Sorry, I know that got a little deep, but I just felt like I had a revelation on Sunday. Anyway, it was an awesome day and I just felt like sharing. =)
If you at all interested in knowing more about the sermon I heard, it can be found at http://northpointelincoln.org/includes/downloads/sermon7608.pdf mainly on page 5 (that's the part I was blogging about). It was probably one of the best sermons I've ever heard.
"Your attitude must be like my own, for I, the Messiah, did not come to be served, but to serve..." Matthew 20:27-28
Until next time,
supinlincoln
2 comments:
You came to O-Town and didn't even let your cousins know?? Not nice.
Great blog! You are such a strong individual. I love that about you. I know that you will question yourself a lot, come back to this blog, it is the essence.
Post a Comment