Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Extreme Blogging =)

Hey everyone! Here's the blog I know you've all been waiting for! Kidding, but really, I've been meaning to post this blog for a long time, but have been a little too busy to get the pics up! So, first things first. Remodeling at the Rec is almost complete. Well, the office I work in is about done anyway. There's more work to be done in other places. But hey, Rome wasn't built in a day, right? First thing that needed to be done was removing the ugly beaten carpet in the office. The decision was made to tile the floor instead of putting down new carpet. I thought it would be a bit difficult to have all tile because we have rolling chairs, but it all worked out okay. Once the grout was solid it was time to put up the new and improved desk. It extends out much further than before giving us more room. Our office has combined with Husker Reds where we do equipment rental and towel checkout. We now have no doors to the office, but an open space. The new desks are pretty modern as you can see. Here they are with the wooden panel on the bottom. Pretty snazzy. Then they had to put the counter tops on. This view is what someone entering the Rec will see. This view is what someone coming out of the interior offices will see. Since the "old" Husker Reds will no longer exist, the Fitness/Wellness department will be moving in. There are only two offices back in Husker Reds but more than 2 staff members, so they built another office pictured here. The wall in the back used to be our clock in/clock out station and some shelving for student staff personal belongings when on the job. This picture below was taken from GSA (General Support Area). It used to be two big doors, but it is now the office I mentioned above. Next is the construction of IPC (Injury, Prevention, and Care). They are moving upstairs to where the student lounge used to be. The previous IPC space will be the new student staff center where we will clock in/out and train. Here's another view of IPC construction.

Today, the workers added additional counter tops to the new Member Services desk. It looks really nice, I think. I'm excited to move into our new area and start the new year. Still have lots of training to do, but I've got to stay optimistic that everyone will take the initiative to get trained!

In other news...I've decided not to post pics from DCI. It would only clutter this post and I don't really want to go through the time and effort of posting all those pictures. But, I will post some pics of Cassie and I from this past weekend. I headed to Kearney on Friday to see all my friends that I hadn't seen in awhile. Cassie, Dana, Scott, and some others. I cut my hair last Wednesday, so I was anxious to let everyone see what I did. It was a ballsy move but I wanted to get rid of that crappy hair. Anyway, Friday night we went to "The Dark Knight." It was so damn good. Probably one of the best movies I've seen. I don't know if it was because it was Heath Ledger's last performance ever or what. He was the best Joker Batman has ever seen in my opinion. The next day was Cruise Night. Since we went and saw lots of cars on Friday night (and because it was so damn hot) we decided to spend most of the day inside watching movies and playing games. I think it was a wise choice. The boys wanted to see more cars so Cass and I stayed home and got ready. This is how cute we were on Saturday (notice the haircut!! ha.) We had a really good time, but I had to leave around 11 on Sunday to do some training at the Rec. All in all, it was an eventful week last week. I'm ready for a slowdown this week, but it doesn't seem as though I'll get one. Oh well!

"A good time was had by all." --Danny Preister, a classmate of mine =)

Until next time,

supinlincoln

2 comments:

Sup said...

When is everything going to be done? Yes, I should plan a day in August to stop in. When are some good days for you and then we can go from there.

Anonymous said...

Sheila,
The haircut is great but you are always beautiful to me. By the way, I'm enjoying the new closet I now have in your old room. Already have my "stuff" in there.

Love, MOM