Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What else in your life are you doing half-assed?

While watching an episode of The Biggest Loser, Jillian Michaels had a very inspirational moment. Her team was on the treadmills, sprinting at 8mph. She then told them to sprint at 12mph. With wide eyes, you could read the team's faces, "There's no way I can do that." But, they did. Then Jillian said, "You just went from 8 to 12. What else in your life are you doing half-assed?" Just makes you think a little. So, the workout tomorrow will be a little different. Ha!

Busy week at work (thank God)! I've got lots to do this week. I decided it was time for a little review for my student employees. Just want to get everyone on the same page and make sure we're doing things correctly. Want to be able to provide the best customer service possible. So far, I've been impressed with how much they know. So, that's good!

Monday was kind of depressing...after the heat wave last week, it was very chilly on Monday which meant no biking (except for the die-hards in OA who bike no matter what the weather is doing). So, I moved the workout to the treadmill. It was hell. Made me realize that you can't do the same workout constantly. After biking 35+ miles last week I thought I'd be good to go, but running and biking are two completely different workouts. I get so lazy on the weekends, I just need to pick at least one day and just go do something. So, that probably contributed to the Monday blues.

Today was day 1 of RTR's, as I'm calling them (Rec Trac Reviews). Today was also National Margarita Day. Since we can't have margaritas and then go back to work, we went to LaPaz and had Mexican food. A margarita sounded SO good though. Still does! When does a margarita not sound good? Tomorrow I've got a meeting at 9, then have bowling league in the evening. We're bowling my favorite team, so I'm excited. They're a fun group.

Other than that, I had a nice relaxing weekend. Friday, we rented the movie "Wall Street." It wasn't that good...I'm not really interested in the stock market, so just didn't find it that interesting. Saturday morning Becky's mom came to town to make mints for Raquel's wedding. Becky and I are mint-making machines. After that we showed her mom some of the houses Becky has been looking at. Two of the four places we wanted to look at were sold. Bummer. So that was kind of depressing, but we went to some open houses on Sunday and drove by a few places we'd like to tour. So, that's that.

Until next time,
supinlincoln

No comments: