Friday, January 28, 2011

The day is coming...

February First. The Day of Reckoning. A day that will go down in infamy. The day I will no longer hear the pitter-patter (and by pitter-patter, I mean stompy-clompy) of little (and big) feet in the apartment above me. My landlord got my hopes up when she said my neighbors took possession of their house on the 15th of January...and yet...they're still dwelling in apartment 302...ruining my life. One would think that if you took possession of your house you'd want to move in as soon as possible. Especially after we've issued complaint after complaint after complaint of their noise. I'm convinced they're doing it to piss us off...well congrats...it's working.
I can't wait for the day that I can sleep without disturbance, have friends over and actually be able to focus on conversation and fun instead of my rude, disrespectful neighbors. It's been a long time coming (since July) and the anticipation is killing me.

The work week was horrid. With no big events going on, and with the rush of the beginning of the semester over, things have come to a stand-still...leaving me searching for projects and things to do. The lull is upon us...so I've thrown myself into workouts. It soaks up some time making the workday...I don't know...I...don't know. Something.

Anyway...Ash is coming for a visit tomorrow, so we've got that to look forward to. Probably going to paint ourselves silly at Paint Yourself Silly and sip some bubbly at James Arthur Vineyards...we'll see where the day takes us.

Don't think I've talked about my birthday celebration last weekend. It was a great time. The whole gang was there (minus Ash). Jeremy and Amber came from Omaha and stopped in Yutan on their way to get Nelson and his gal Allison. Cass came up from A-town on Friday night and the first thing we did was get Chinese. Saturday was the real day-o-fun. We slept in and then decided to do some shopping. I've been looking for a purse for about 3 months now and have not been impressed with any of the department store collections. I am still without a purse. Not happy. So with no luck shopping we went and got our nails done. We both got acrylics put on...me the classic French tip with design, but Cassie got sparkly blue tips. They were so cool. I don't know if I have the guts to do that. Maybe someday. But, it just reminds me of how fun it is to have nails (even though they are fake...) They just look so nice all the time and make me feel put-together. After pampering ourselves it was time to head back to the apartment and rally the troops. We decided to eat at Texas Roadhouse...until we were told it was an hour and fifty minute wait. We drove down the road to Skeeter Barnes and were seated immediately. The food was out of this world. Amazing. Then, we got a real surprise.
There was about 2 inches of snow on the ground when we walked out of the restaurant. Not wanting to go to any bars due to the rapidly accumulating snow, we bought some beer and headed to Jared's apartment (why? to avoid my f*cking neighbors). Beers were consumed. Fun was had. That pretty much sums it up. Great 25th birthday.

Until next time,
supinlincoln

No comments: