Thursday, January 6, 2011

all you need is a new playlist

How do you beat the workout blues? I figured it out tonight. Get a new playlist on your musical contraption. My motivational song of the month is "Right Here, Right Now" by Fatboy Slim. It's got a driving beat with few words. But then it gets to the lyrics, right here, right now, and it just makes me think that this is MY time, right here and now.....which is good because I really struggle with motivation. SO, if you're battling, download some new songs, some that have lyrics that mean something to you, or motivate you in some way. It's helped me tremendously.

Today was a good day at work. I had lots to do, so it went super fast. Yesterday, on the other hand, was a poopy kind of day. I had a headache Tuesday evening, but didn't take any ibuprofen because I was scheduled to give blood on Wednesday, and you're not supposed to give blood if you've taken any form of aspirin in the past 24 hours. So anyway, I went to bed hoping it would just go away. Boy, was I wrong. Tuesday night (Wednesday morning) at 1:30 a.m. I rose from bed with a massive, and I mean massive migraine. It was the 2nd worse migraine I've ever had. So bad that I thought I was going to throw up. I quickly popped 4 ibuprofen and could do nothing else but lay back down. The pain was immense...and it came in 10 second waves...it was really weird. Anyway, I didn't sleep very well, so I didn't go to work on Wednesday. The one thing I accomplished that day was purchasing an album on iTunes. =)

Well, Grey's Anatomy is on...and it's new and I want to watch it. AND, tomorrow is Friday, yay!

Until next time,
supinlincoln

No comments: