Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Storm Chasers

I woke up this morning and turned on the weather channel like I do every morning. They were reporting about all the bad weather in the South. Then they showed a clip from Yazoo City. To anyone who watches the show "Storm Chasers" there was an episode towards the beginning of the series where an EF4 tornado ripped apart the town of Yazoo City, Mississippi. Killed 12 people. Complete devastation, similar to the tornadoes that demolished Hallam, NE, and Greensburg, KS. Anyway, that was back in April. This morning, Yazoo City had been hit once again by a tornado. No lives were lost this time, but still a huge mess. I just feel for the people in the city. You pick your lives up and start over, only to do it all again 7 months later. Weather fascinates me, I love it. Don't understand a whole lot about it, but I like to pretend I do. Ha ha.

Other happenings of the day:

1. Completed the student schedules for next semester (THANK THE GOOD LORD). Now they just need to be approved and we'll be set.

2. Talked to my landlord (AGAIN) about our loud neighbors. Not sure how much more we can take.

3. Got bitten by a ladybug that was in my pajama pants. Seriously?? Yes. Felt something crawling on my leg. Freaked out a little and swatted it off. Found the bastard on the floor and crushed it. Karma is a bitch. You bite me, I kill you.

4. Watched Glee. It was awesome.

5. Used the word "gooder" twice today. Wanted to say good, but then decided to go with better. Felt like an idiot both times I did it, but it was funny.

Tomorrow I'm teaching First Aid and CPR. It's going to be a long day...probably won't get home till 8pm, but then, season finale of Storm Chasers. That should make it all worth it. Thursday it's movie night with Jen and Becky. Friday, Cassie is coming. Saturday, a day-o-fun and the Huskers take on Oklahoma. Sunday evening, I'm heading to Omaha. Monday, I've got the day off to do nothing but Christmas shop with mom and Teresa. Jam-packed, but I love it. The busier I am, the faster the days go which means the sooner Christmas is here!

Christmas song of the day:
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen--Manheim Steamroller

Until next time,
supinlincoln

1 comment:

That Olson Girl said...

I loved number three...just sayin. :)