Monday, November 22, 2010

7 Month Hiatus

After a 7 month hiatus, I am back, hopefully for the long haul. I'll try to hit the highlights of the past 7 months, but it's kind of sad that not too much is popping in my head. Here goes.

One of my best friends from college, Amy, got married to her counterpart, Brent. I don't know if I've ever seen two people more perfect for eachother. I've always said they're just the right amount of weird for eachother. Their wedding was a blast, and only makes me want to have one of my own someday. =)

The day after Brent and Amy's wedding, my beautiful niece, Brittany, turned 1! She had a princess party. It was a super fun day......she took her first steps earlier that day. Now she's 16 months old and literally running all over the place. She's starting to speak, she's in love with my dad, or "poppa" as she calls him, infatuated with Barney and animals......just how a little girl should be. I've baby sat her a few Saturdays here and there and am amazed at how much energy a little lady can have. I was exhausted! But, wouldn't trade those memories for anything. She's so special.

My friend Shannon and her husband Andrew had a baby boy in July. His name is Erik. I drove up to Omaha to meet the little man before they left the hospital.....what a cutie. They are totally in love with him. They'll be wonderful parents. Now I just need to make another trip to Iowa to see him! Bet he looks totally different.

Two of my classmates got married in September. Becky and I worked really hard preparing to sing for Tom and Danielle's wedding. We got so many compliments, it was fun. Another one of our classmates is getting married next July and asked us to sing in her wedding, too. I guess I should be flattered? It is a lot of work, but it's fun. Heck, I'd do anything to ride on the trolley and party with the lot of the wedding party, so I guess singing isn't a bad gig!

So, now here I am in November. Can't believe how fast this month has gone. I'll be heading home for Thanksgiving on Wednesday. I'm going to make this killer pumpkin desert, I can't wait. Also very excited to just hang with the fam. Oh, and the 4 day weekend won't be bad either. Ha!

What else is new? Not sure! I'm still working at the Rec. Oh! I've started selling lia sophia jewelry about 3 months ago. I love it........it's kind of hard to get people to have parties, but I get some awesome jewelry. So, if anyone's interested in booking a party, let me know! Ha ha. I went to my first Scentsy party last Thursday. It was super fun, so many yummy scents. I love those little parties, they are such a nice break from doing nothing every other night.

Well, I'm going to take off work a tad early. Got to run to Walmart and get all of my groceries for our non-traditional Thanksgiving at work tomorrow. The theme is Mexican. I'm making a cream cheese salsa dip and a Mexican chicken crock pot recipe. Yummy!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! Spend it with friends and family! Be thankful for the people in your life and everything God has done to bless your life! I know I'm thankful!

Until next time,
supinlincoln

No comments: