Friday, June 26, 2009

Ready for the Weekend

The week has been busy and went extremely fast.

Tuesday night, my team, the Frozen Ropes, played our first game in the summer league. Our pitchers were both gone, which put us in a predicament. I volunteered to give it a whirl. Amazingly enough, I'm a pretty good slow-pitch pitcher. Even had a few strike-outs. It was extremely hot, however. The heat index that day was 107 and the humidity percentage was way up there. Not my cup of tea. However, the night ended up cooling off just enough for us to pull out a 10-3 victory. It was super fun.

Wednesday night we had a get-together at my boss's house. Lots of my co-workers and I met and brought food for our burger bash. We played lots of games and had a fun night. I was so tired by the end of the night, so I went straight home to bed while the others decided they weren't done partying. However, they were hurting the next day, but I know when to stop.

Thursday night was my first Saltdogs game experience. Becky got us hooked up with VIP parking, and seats in Suite 310, complete with air conditioning! The game wasn't much, but Becky, Jared, and I had a good time just kickin' a few back and catching up. The hunger then got to us so we traveled to Carlos O'Kelly's for some enchiladas and margaritas.

Then Friday morning came. I called Windstream a few days ago to set up our internet connection. They set an appointment to come in this morning between 8am-12pm. Which was fine with me because normally I don't have to be into work until 10am. So, I decided to get up right at 8 in case they came right away. Then came 9. Then 10. Then 11. My frustration was at it's peak until I was dialing their number to complain. Just then, at 11:58a.m. I get a phone call. They came at the last possible minute, which, I must say WAS between 8 and 12, but come on! I just thought they'd be there at like 10 or something. Anyway, I finally got to work today at 1pm and I'm still leaving at 6, I don't care if I don't work 8 hours today. Jared, Becky, and I are going out to eat at Skeeter Barnes. I haven't been there since Becky's birthday last year. It was so good! They brought her out some Bread Pudding dessert, which Becky renamed "Deliciousness." It is beyond yummy.

Not quite sure what the weekend holds. Becky and I are heading to Omaha tomorrow to do some shopping. She needs some shoes and dress pants, and since I'm her personal shopper, I have to go too. =) It's okay, I enjoy shopping. Then we'll probably head to Yutan to visit Derek. We'll be checking out "Yutan Days" and see everything that town has to offer. So, it should be a fun weekend, whatever happens.

Baby Update: Angie has been super uncomfortable. The doctor took her off of her "stop the contractions" medication, so she could pop any day now. =) They think the baby weights about 8.5 lbs. Ang said that Baby Sup has a huge head. I can't wait to meet him or her! Yay!

"Whatever you want in life, other people are going to want it too. Believe in yourself enough to accept the idea that you have an equal right to it." --Diane Sawyer

Until next time,
supinlincoln

1 comment:

bonnie said...

Nice quote - I like it. Sounds like you are having a busy, but fun summer. I'm really looking forward to coming up and crashing in on one of your weekends!