G'day everyone!
Finally back in the swing of things in Nebraska. Vacation was so fun, but it's always nice to come home. Prepare yourself, this will be a long one (that's what she said). Ha.
Pre-Florida (Friday)
So Mother Nature tried to be a little bitch and ruin our plans. I took off work and headed to Omaha at 10:20AM or so (after my haircut). I had an interview scheduled for 4PM. The drive went okay, but as I went past the Gretna exit things got a little messy. I went from going 70mph to 45mph. Finally, I got off of I-680 and onto Maple. I then camped out at my sister's place. After shoveling the 3 inches of snow off her driveway I started to get ready for my big interview. Then, I got a phone call and due to worsening weather we rescheduled my interview to Thursday. No big deal. Around 2:30pm I shoveled another 3 inches of snow off T&J's drive way just in time when Teresa pulled up. Mom, Dad, Joel, and Ang had left A-town because they didn't want to drive in the dark, but they finally got into town safely. Probably the most exciting thing that happened was watching my niece or nephew on tv. Joel and Ang had a VHS of their last ultra sound. I heard her (because I think it's a girl) heartbeat, saw all 10 fingers, and watched her wiggle. SO EXCITED. Only 1/2 way to go! Yay!
Valentine's Day (Saturday)
The plane departed Omaha at 10:10AM, and with no delays, we stopped in Chicago, unloaded and loaded some more passengers and then we were off to Orlando. After getting our luggage and rental car we were off to the Caribe Royal. Our villas were super nice. 3 bedrooms and a pull out couch, which (of course) was my bed. Wasn't too shabby, though. Saturday night we grabbed a quick supper, played a round of putt-putt and then checked out the pool at our hotel. Pretty nice. I'll have pics sometime soon.
Race Day (Sunday)
The Daytona crew left just after 6AM so Mom, Teresa, and I went to Downtown Disney for the day. We did lots of walking, not so much shopping. I didn't by a damn thing! I just didn't think I needed anything. We had a yummy lunch at "The Earl of Sandwich" and then headed back to the hotel to relax for awhile. That night we went to the "Arabian Nights" dinner show. It was really fun. The food was just okay, but we got free beer, so that was awesome. It's amazing how people can train animals to do those things! Crazy! After the show we headed back to the hotel and, to our surprise, the Daytona crew showed up about 30 minutes after we got home. Couldn't believe it! After we went to Talladega it took us 5 horus to get home. It only took them like 1.5 hours. The end of the race got rained out, and Jr. didn't do too well. He was wrecked, but ended up placing 27th. They all had a good time, despite the rain.
Universal Studios (Monday)
The day started out a little shaky when we got the park and dad's motorized wheelchair wasn't turning on. Man, that would have sucked. But, dad's magical touch did the trick and off we were. Don't know why anyone didn't think to do this, but his chair wasn't charged after the race...dumb. Anyway, we did make it through the day, wheelchair in tact. We bought our tickets equipped with the "Fast Pass" feature. I strongly recommend paying the extra $31 for the fast pass, you almost never have to wait in line. We got to do so many more rides because of it! Awesome. Here are the rides we went on: Shrek 4-D (okay), ET: The Adventure (lame), The Simpsons Ride (okay), JAWS (awesome), Disaster: Making a Movie (okay), and The Mummy (my favorite...only mom went with me on that one). We ate at Mel's Diner, which had a 50's theme. We had milkshakes and burgers. It was okay. Around 5pm we found out that the parks closed at 7pm. LAME. We still had to get over to Islands of Adventure, so we hustled over there and caught a few rides. We went on the Jurassic Park ride (awesome and a bit damp), Ripsaw Falls (awesome, extremely wet), and then Joel and I went on the ride that shoots you up in the air and then drops you...can't remember the name, but it was fun. I can't believe he went with me. We left the park right when it closed and headed back to the hotel. After grabbing a bite to eat at the hotel we took a dip in the hot tub. Felt soooo dang good after walking all day!
Down Day (Tuesday)
After spending all of our money the day before we decided not to go to another park. If we would have gone, I would have zero dollars in my account right now, no kidding. So I'm glad we didn't go. The Race crew wanted to check out Downtown Disney, so I went again. Just more shopping, but this time we ate at the Rainforest Cafe. Delicious and fun. There's a thunderstorm there every 20 mintues. It get's really dark and loud. The little girls next to us were scared. =) Funny. Teresa and Jesse just stayed at the pool all day. After we had enough shopping we found a place to eat that night. Kobe Steakhouse, I know, original, right? There's one in Omaha. But it was one of the greatest times of the trip. Food was amazing...and our cook was hilarious. We had a great time.
Travel Day from Hell (Wednesday)
The last travel day always sucks. We had so many little kids on this flight. I was about ready to go bizerk. Thankfully, Jesse and Teresa have a portable DVD player so we watched a movie until we got to Chicago, so it wasn't all bad. We had to have our plane de-iced in Chicago because it was gross weather there, but we made it home safely. After doing a little laundry I slept well Wednesday night to prepare for my interview the next morning.
Interview Day (Thursday)
Interview went well. I always get so nervous, but I did fine. I'm supposed to hear from them by Thursday! Exciting. Headed back to Lincoln after the interview and back to work till 6! I am in need of funds now that my vacation is over and my money is gone. Always seems to happen that way.
I went home this weekend to get my bridesmaid dress altered for Shannon's wedding. I'm getting super excited. Her bachelorette party is this Saturday in Omaha, so I have that to look forward to! Hope everyone is doing well! I'll post some pictures someday!
"Everyone needs believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --Anonymous
Until next time,
supinlincoln
1 comment:
The ride you went on was "Fear Factor" Only crazy people ride! Teresa
Post a Comment