Monday, February 9, 2009

Score!

Who has an interview on Friday? THIS GIRL!
That's right everyone, I'll be interviewing for a position in Omaha at 4pm on Friday. Please keep me in your thoughts as I will have extreme anxiety (which shouldn't be a surprise to anyone). I'm hoping things go well because I really want to be in Omaha. I welcome the change in my life. Though I am not out of my lease until the end of April and am not excited to basically be living in 2 places at once, I am excited for what could come. I scheduled a haircut Friday morning so I can look my best!
So, with a haircut Friday morning, four hours of work, and an interview all on Friday this means I've got to be packed and ready to go for Florida on Thursday since we leave this Saturday! I can't believe it has come already! I am so dang excited to fly, have fun, and eat delicious food! I just hope the weather is cooperative. I started packing yesterday since I'm still in winter mode it was pretty easy to pack summer stuff. I know it won't be extremely hot, but I'm definitely not used to 70's! Now I just have to be cautious about the sun so I don't have a wicked tan line for Shannon's wedding. Which, by the way is quickly creeping up! It's only about 5 weeks away. You should see the red shoes I've got for this wedding. They are awesome and I'm pretty sure I'm in love with them.
Speaking of love...I saw a commercial for a new kind of Cheerios. I've never been much of a cereal girl, but these looked awesome. Banana Nut Cheerios. Let me tell you, they are amazing and I highly recommend them. I am excited to get up in the morning so I can eat them again!

I said I didn't have any plans last weekend but that quickly changed. Amy and Brent came over Friday night and we enjoyed a meal from Raisin' Canes. De-lish. One of my favorite places to go (notice how everything I love is a food item...). The next day I didn't have anything planned, so I made another one of my loves, pretzels with a Hershey's hug melted on top of it. They are super easy to make and they satisfy the salty, sweet, and chocolate cravings all at one. Here is the recipe according to me:

Heat oven to 170.
Unwrap a bag of Hershey's Hugs.
Lightly grease a cookie sheet (I recommend one with edges).
Place pretzels (small twists) on the cookie sheet each about one inch apart (it's easier to melt the Hug if they have some space).
Place one Hug on each pretzel .
Bake for 5 minutes.
Remove pan from oven and immediately squish an M&M on to each melted Hug.
Make room in your freezer or fridge for the pan and set the cookie sheet in there for about 15 minutes.
Gently pluck each pretzel off of the cookie sheet (may want to use a knife).
Enjoy!

I love making these because they are so dang easy and since M&M's have a huge variety of colors they can be used a several different holidays! Anyway, back to Saturday afternoon. Cassie called me and found out that I wasn't doing anything. She decided to come to Lincoln after supper. In the mean time I made myself busy watching Ghost Adventures online. Love that show, but I can only watch it when it's light outside or when someone else is home. I get too freaked out otherwise, but it's fun. Jared called me when I was waiting for Cassie so he came over to hang out. Then Becky came over. Then Jeremy and Amber got home. Then I called Derek and told him to come to Lincoln. He brought Brandon and Patrick and we just had a little shin-dig. Becky went home early so the 8 of us played a game of Cranium. It was great. Jared and I dominated the competition (of course). We ended the night with a late run to Perkins to enjoy some breakfast. I love random weekends like that! They are the most fun.

That's about all I've got for everyone tonight. I'll try to get another blog posted before Florida, but if I don't I'll be sure to post lots of pictures next time! Only 5 days away!!

"Plant the garden of your life with friendship's lovely flowers." --Anonymous

Until next time,
supinlincoln

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck on Friday!!