Friday, November 14, 2008

Home cookin'!

Last night I made meatloaf, buffet potatoes, and green beans. They were delightful and delicious. Brent, Amy, Amber and I had a feast. There was even a few leftovers so now I have lunch today! Wohoo! After dinner we watched Grey's Anatomy. Since I'm cheap and poor and don't have DVR, we had to tape the Office and watch it afterwards. Both episodes were good.

Enough about last night, time to talk about the Metallica concert. It was so awesome, I can't believe I got to see them LIVE. It was so cool looking out over the crowd with everyone banging their heads and singing at the top of their lungs. Trust me, I joined it, however I'm not a hard core head banger.....it gives me a headache, but I joined in a little! I was singing my heart out though. It was just so amazing I can't describe it. I freakin' love Metallica. Didn't get any pictures on my camera because I decided to leave it in my car....didn't want to risk anything. I did get a few pics with my phone but they aren't very good quality and I don't have a way of getting them on my computer. Guess that means I'll just have to go to another concert sometime soon! I had such an awesome weekend. Thursday was the Metallica concert.
Friday, I went to my cousin Nicole's and watched Grey's from Thursday night. However, I didn't get to watch much because my cousin Benny had other plans for me. He would throw a book at me and then climb on my lap and I would read to him. Then, we decided to play some basketball. He's so dang cute, I couldn't say no! But, it was fun. Teresa took off work early that day to hang with her little sis, so that was also fun. We ran some errands and then made soup and grilled cheese for supper. Then we rented the movie "Get Smart." It was pretty dumb, but funny because Steve Carrell is hilarious.

Saturday I went over to Cassie's. We decided to meet Joe and Dana at Dave and Busters. We weren't really in the mood to watch the Husker game so we just played games like we were 12. It was so much fun! Later that night we went out to eat at Caniglias. It was amazing. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. In the words of Sid the Sloth, "Yummo." Then we decided it would be a good idea to get some beverages. We returned to Cassie's and played ping pong and pool. What a fun time. Guess you had to be there. It was fun returning to a time of childhood for one night.

Sunday, I decided to head home and relax. I had been go go going since Thursday afternoon and I was ready for a slow down. I spent most of the afternoon watching TV and then did some scrapbooking. It was super fun just having some down time and listening to some light music.
Then, of course, I had to catch the newest episode of Storm Chasers. It's such an awesome show, I love it! It gets pretty intense. It's on Sundays at 9pm central time. I highly suggest you tune in. Probably my new favorite show.

This week I was busy perfecting my resume and cover letter. I turned in my Career Portfolio yesterday and it feels so good to have that baby done! I feel so much closer to graduation now. It is coming up soon! A month and 6 days away. I can't believe it! Soon, I'll be job searching and sending out several resumes and cover letters. Ah, growing up.

This weekend should be pretty laid back. It will be the first weekend I've spent in Lincoln in about 4 weeks. I've been busy. I plan on doing nothing tonight. Tomorrow night, Amber, Becky and I are going out to eat at HuHot and watching a movie. Not sure what one we'll go to, but I haven't been to a movie in a long time. But I think I've babbled long enough! Have a great weekend!

"I want to be a firefly. It would be so fun. Cuz how can you be crabby when the sun shines out your bum?" --Anonymous

Until next time,
supinlincoln

No comments: