Monday, November 17, 2008

free skate night

I worked my first Free Skate Night at the Ice Box last night. It was actually really fun. I haven't ice skated in about 3 years so I was a little shaky at first. I caught on quickly unlike two of my co-workers. Poor Maggie and Andrew......limping along the side of the ice rink. Entertaining, yes, but I still felt bad for them. So I snapped my skates back on and helped them out. We had over 400 students show up. I couldn't believe it! The only downfalls of the night was blocking off part of the ice for awhile because someone had puked and having really sore knees when I got home. I told myself that I never wanted to go snow skiing again, but after last night I really wanted to ski. I just had such a terrible experience skiing......my legs hurt so bad. Maybe I should get in shape and try again....who knows. We'll cross that bridge at a later date and time.

This weekend was just okay. I subbed for someone at work which I think contributed to my crappy attitude. I put in an extra 11 hours of work this weekend which totally threw me off. I'm used to doing nothing Saturday and Sunday. So, instead of sleeping, I felt like Saturday was Monday all over again. It sucked! Now I remember why I don't work weekends! However, this coming weekend will be no different. I will be working Friday and Saturday night. I guess it's kind of a good thing because I have a group project that I will be working on. We present the 25th, so I need to get my butt in gear!

Amber and I got some QT together this weekend. Jeremy went home to hunt, so I had her all to myself! =) On Friday we rented some movies. After she got home from work we watched Sex and the City the movie, and I LOVED it. It was so good! I love Samantha, she just cracks me up. I highly recommend it to any person who likes chick flicks. So good. On Saturday, after I got off work, I met up with Becky and her friend Becky. =) We did some shopping and then I headed home to get ready for supper. Amber and I went to HuHot and it was delicious. Except for the lady who kept watching me eat. Leave me alone lady! I'm trying to enjoy my meal. We were seated right by the entry way, so the people who were waiting for a table could look over the ledge. Not only did this lady look over, but she rested her head on the ledge which made her head about 2 feet away from mine. I was so pissed. So I said loudly to Amber, "This is weird. I get nervous when my cat watches me pee!" I heard that line on a movie somewhere, so I thought this was the appropriate time to use it. Needless to say, she moved her fat head. So after no one was staring at me I enjoyed my delicious meal. Gosh, I love HuHot. Mmm Mmm Mmm! After supper we watched another movie, Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Also a good one. It's really funny (but I liked Sex and the City better...)

Sunday, one of our friends had a jewelry party at our place (since she lives in the dorms). It was actually really fun. I didn't buy anything this time because I don't have money and there were too many things I wanted. Maybe next time. Then I headed off to skate night and forgot to tape Storm Chasers. In the words of my old roommate Danae, "Crap dangit!" I got home and was really mad I couldn't watch my show. Idiot! Happy Monday everyone. I graduate in 5 weeks!

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid!" --John Wayne

Until next time,
supinlincoln

No comments: