Friday, August 15, 2008

Busy x 7!

Wow. Things have been ka-rayzeeee this week! I swear this is the first time I've been able to sit down at the Rec! We've been so busy with membership renewal. I'm soooo dreading the next 3 weeks at work because we'll be busy all the time. Oh well.
On a more fun note...
Cassie and Ashley are coming to Lincoln tonight. Me and Becky are taking the girls out to James Arthur Vineyards to do some wine tasting. I am so excited. I've never done anything like that before. After we get done out there we are heading back to Lincoln to catch the 9:35 showing of Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. We've all read the books and went to the 1st movie together. It's only right that we see the 2nd one together! We are our own version of Tibby. Lena, Carmen, and Bridget and we are just as full of love as they are! =)
The weekend is jam packed with activity.

Tomorrow Becky is graduating so while she's walking across the stage getting her diploma, I'll be at her place putting the finishing touches on food, decor, and the like. Man...she's lucky she has me. Ha! After her fam leaves, we're celebrating downtown. I'm so excited because everyone is coming back and we haven't been together in a very very long time. Derek, Jared, Jem, Amber...I guess Ash hasn't decided yet. Also, I think Cass may be up in the air too. Anyway, it will be a night of mayhem!
This was probably one of the most exhilarating weeks of my life because I got a phone call on Wednesday morning from my cuz Katie. She informed me that Metallica was coming to the Quest center in Omaha and I totally freaked out. I was training Kendall at the Rec at the time, so I took the phone call and then couldn't stop laughing/screaming/smiling so training was nearly impossible. Thanks Katie, I'm sure Kendall appreciated that! Joking, she was laughing at me because I was going crazy. The concert is November 6th and I am anxiously awaiting Ticketmaster to release some ticket prices! Wohoo!

I also finished my last summer class ever on Thursday and took the final. I'll talk about the essay I wrote on the test a little later. It was over Michael Moore's movie "Sicko." I have some strong opinions about that film which I fully intend on sharing with you later. But I'm going to be leaving work here shortly, so I'm going to wrap it up.

"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see"-- James Hetfield of Metallica
Until next time,
supinlincoln

No comments: