Thursday, December 18, 2008

Rain, Sleet, Snow, Ice, Thunder, Lightning...at the same time?!

It's that time of year....crappy Nebraska weather.
I feel like whenever I have something important 1 or 2 things always happen to me (sometimes, they happen at the same time).
1. I get sick. Check that one off because I've been sick since last Friday.
2. The weather doesn't cooperate. Check that one off too! It's crazy weather. Lincoln is in a winter storm warning right now. To our south is a freezing rain advisory. To our southeast is a ice storm warning. To our west is a winter weather advisory. Are you kidding me? It just sucks.
I graduate from UNL on Saturday and I've invited many people to my party. I just feel as though I'm getting screwed over! I hope people can still make it. The roads are pretty shitty right now. However, the party isn't until Saturday and tomorrow is forecasted to remain calm. No warnings, advisories, or anything. Just overcast and cold. So I'm praying things will turn out right for me this one time!! Come on!
I had my last final ever today at 3:30 and I got every single question correct. I couldn't believe it. What a way to end my school career at UNL. It felt so good. Now I'm just waiting for my final grades in all of my classes! I'll be walkin' across that stage on Saturday and it seems surreal. I don't feel like I'm really done. It's weird. I can't believe it's been 4.5 years since I moved into Smith 212! Seems like just yesterday! But, I guess I'm going to have to be ready for some changes because they're coming if I'm ready or not! The job search begins in January. Wish me luck!

Tonight I plan on staying home and having a me night. The Huskers play Penn State (ranked #1) tonight at the Qwest. Penn State hasn't lost a single set all season. It will be a tough game for the ladies but I am holding out for the upset. Go 'Skers! I also rented Wall-E and Made of Honor. I don't think I'll be able to stay awake through a movie because I'm pretty beat. I did 3 loads of laundry and cleaned our apartment today. I'm so tired! I feel like all I've been doing is sleeping because I'm trying to take extra good care of myself since I'm sick! I guess it's never enough sleep, however.

Tomorrow is the senior breakfast for Campus Rec senior employees. I've been patiently waiting for it to be my turn! Hopefully I can get all the ice off my car in the morning to make it! I am prepared with my de-icing spray and scraper! It's so nice having a vehicle with 4-wheel drive.
Mom, Dad, and Cassie are coming to Lincoln tomorrow night, so I hope the weather permits them safe travel.
It feels like it's time for me to take some more medication, so I'm going to do that! Safe travels to all!

"There is a good reason they call these ceremonies 'commencement exercises'. Graduation is not the end; it's the beginning." --by Orrin Hatch

Until next time,
supinlincoln

1 comment:

bonnie said...

I hope you had the best weekend of your life! I can remember graduating from undergrad like it was yesterday. It's such a defining emotion and memory in your life.
I thought of you lots and hoped that you celebrated in style. I wish there would have been a way to get you this 18 pack of Bud Light because it's just sitting in my fridge from Clarinda - probably won't be opened unless it's an emergency! hee hee.

Congratulations to you!