Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Final Countdown

So, the countdown has begun. I'm 11 days (1o not counting tonight) away from being a UNL grad! Can you believe it? I have 2 finals and one short paper left to do and I'm done forever! Yippee. I'm actually in class right now listening to some group presentations. We presented about an hour ago and I think we did pretty well. Enough about school, time for the weekend update!

Friday I headed to Omaha to meet Ashley and Danielle for supper. We decided to go to the Cheesecake Factory. Oh man, supper was delicious. I had to order my favorite drink of all time, a peach bellini. They are sooooo good. I highly recommend them. Peaches, peach schnapps, and champagne. Grisanti's also has delicious peach bellinis as well. Seriously, try one (but not if you don't like peaches). Then we all had to order a piece of cheesecake. They had a holiday one that was original cheesecake swirled with peppermint. If you know me at all, you know that I LOVE mint flavored things, so I was sold. Honestly, it was the best cheesecake I've ever had. Amazing. So dang good. Mmm....I can just taste it now. After a short dinner I went to my sister's house. We decided it would be fun to drive around the neighborhood and look at lights. We took a thermos of hot cocoa with us and drove around for an hour! Two of the houses we drove past had the Christmas fever and decorated to the max. They even had light shows coordinated to music! I loved it. By the way, song to check out....."Carol of the Bells" by William Joseph. He's an incredible pianist.

Saturday I headed to Clarinda to help Shannon put together her wedding invitations. They are super cool. Bonnie and Celinda also came down to help and we got them all assembled! Yay! I think Shannon was relieved to have them done. That night we went to an ugly Xmas sweater party. Oh man, it was so much fun! We played some drinking games and then ended the night with about 3 hours of catch phrase. We were being so loud...haha.

I headed back to Omaha on Sunday because I needed to find an outfit for graduation. I originally had a LBD (little black dress) from Target, but I tried it on again and did not like it at all. So, I took it back and ended up getting a pink top from Old Navy and I'm going to wear a cute black cardigan over that with some black pants. Plain and simple. I then had to go home because I once again worked Free Skate Night at the Ice Box. It went much better this time. I wasn't nearly as sore because they offered to sharpen our ice skates! What a difference. So, it was a very busy weekend, but a very fun one.

I know I had a quote about procrastination last time, but I found one that was so funny i about burst into laughter in class, so enjoy!

"Procrastination is like masturbation. At first it feels good, but in the end you're screwing yourself!" --Anonymous

Until next time,
supinlincoln

No comments: