I don't think we truly grasp the idea that life is a gift. I feel like I take day-to-day life for granted...you just never know when your last day on earth will be. You never know when God will call your number... it's incredibly sad.
I got into a discussion with some friends last night about my faith. I've always considered myself a Christian or someone who lives a Christian lifestyle. We are all sinners by nature and will always fall short of the glory of God, but through Jesus Christ, we are forgiven. It just made me think about my life, and all of my shortcomings. I also think it's sad that it has taken the death of a beloved uncle to "wake-up." I just feel like I don't always make the best decisions. I could go on and on.
Anyway, Uncle Ray's funeral is Saturday. It sounds so weird to say that phrase. I just don't think it has really sunk in, for anyone. Just incredibly sad. Please keep everyone in your prayers through this extremely difficult time. I'll write more later.
Rest in Peace, Uncle Ray. You were a wonderful, supportive, loving uncle. You have touched the lives of so many, and you will be greatly missed.
"My best friend gave me the best advice
He said each day's a gift and not a given right
Leave no stone unturned, leave your fears behind
And try to take the path less traveled by
That first step you take is the longest stride
If today was your last day and tomorrow was too late
Could you say goodbye to yesterday?
Would you live each moment like your last?
Leave old pictures in the past
Donate every dime you have?
If today was your last day
Against the grain should be a way of life
What's worth the prize is always worth the fight
Every second counts 'cause there's no second try
So live like you'll never live it twice
Don't take the free ride in your own life"
--Nickelback, various excerpts from their hit song "If Today was your Last Day"
Until next time,
supinlincoln
2 comments:
You're right. It has not sunk in and I am afraid I don't want to face Friday and reality. I am not ready yet. I have a few more days to live in this fog.
My prayers and thoughts to you!
Post a Comment