Wednesday, January 14, 2009

just keeps gettin' better

Tomorrow is Thursday which means that in 2 days it will be Saturday. This makes me happy.
I am celebrating my 23rd birthday on Saturday with my friends. We are going to the boats to gamble and I could not be more excited. We've never done something like this so I am hoping we'll have an awesome time. I have also booked two hotel rooms for a steal of a deal. 2 rooms for 8 adults for $95! Hotwire.com for those of you who think that's awesome.

Sunday I'm going to my sister's house to hang with her (possibly sit in the hot tub) and just relax. Monday (my actual birthday) Teresa and I have the day off so we are going to do some shopping in Omaha. I have a bunch of gift cards and merchandise credit that I'd like to spend and she said she has lots of stuff to shop for also. So, that will be fun. My sister is awesome and I'm super excited to have a sister day.

Next weekend my mom and dad are coming to celebrate my birthday. My mom also has some shopping to do, so once again I'll be at the mall. Oh darn..... Then they'll take me out to eat for birthday dinner, yay! I've been seeing these ads for Red Lobster and I just think seafood sounds so dang good so that's where I want to go (and I know my dad loves that place too so he'll be happy). That Sunday I am super excited to take my parents to my church. It is so different from our church back home. I just love our pastor, he is so good and I'm excited for them to hear his sermon. Back home church is so traditional and church in Lincoln is contemporary. It will be quite different.

I finally decided that I need to buy my shoes for Shannon's wedding. The sooner I get my shoes the sooner I can alter my dress. My roommate works at David's Bridal so I think I'm just going to get them from there. They have some SUPER cute shoes and it only costs $3 to get them dyed! Crazy. Check out the pic of our bridesmaid dresses. Aren't they cute?? I am getting more and more excited for Shannon and Andrew's wedding. I can't believe it's in just over 2 months! Oh, you know what that means? Bachelorette party! Yay! Shannon has such a fun group of bridesmaids and I just know we're going to have a blast. So, here's the shout out to Bonnie, Celinda, LeaAnn, and Erin!

Also, I would like to address my blog from Sunday night. It has just been a struggle for me to accept that life is difficult sometimes. I've just realized that I have a loving and caring God and I can't do anything to control the situation. I just have to trust that He will work in my heart and make things right. He's never disappointed me before, so I just have to quit doubting and "let go and let God." It's crazy how God works...seriously. Amazing. So, Halley, I don't know if you read my blog, but if you are reading now...I'm sorry and I love you. Always have, always will. Forgive me, I am trying to cope with the situation, as I'm sure you are.
Hope everyone has a great rest of the week. I'll be bloggin' about my birthday weekend soon! I'm hoping that things at the Rec will begin to settle soon.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." --Joshua 1:9

Until next time,
supinlincoln

1 comment:

bonnie said...

Hey yo - happy birthday! I hope you have a lucky weekend! Post a pic of your shoes - I still haven't bought mine. I found a few, but haven't had the cash to really get them yet. I'm also super excited for the bach party in Omaha! We'll have to start up some conversations again via email and see about what kind of trouble we can plan. Miss your smiley face!